A little over a week ago I stumbled onto this blog; http://www.abeandrachelsbeautifullife.blogspot.com
It was just what I needed the day I stumbled onto it. Rachel Mills blogs about her daily 'miracles' that she experiences and it is Truly inspiring! So much so that I decided to put it to the test. I decided that everyday I would look for the miracles and then write about them in my journal. So far it's been a week. WOW! The experience itself has been a miracle in my life. One that I really need. Each day I really have seen little miracles and the more that I look for them the more I see. Heavenly Father really does love us and He really is there, eagerly waiting to bless our lives.
One of the miracles that happened this week was on Wednesday, the 28th. My monthly food budget was shot. We had enough food to last us until pay day. I even had enough to take a meal to a dear friend who was moving and had her house all packed up. But I didn't have any extra.
On Wednesday I kept getting this nagging feeling that I needed to make goodie bags for the family of this friend who is moving. I knew I didn't have money to go out and purchase a bunch of stuff to make goodie bags so I dismissed the feelings. The feeling kept nagging me and getting stronger. After a couple of hours I finally decided I needed to listen. I prayed for help, explaining to Heavenly Father that I really did want to help but He knew my circumstances and if this was what I needed to do then I needed His help. So, I went shopping. I bought enough goodies to fill up 4 bags. That was one for each of the 3 kids and one for the baby and 2 parents. When I went to pay for it I opened my wallet and found that I had exactly enough money to cover the goodies I was purchasing. It was so amazing! Heavenly Father wanted to take care of this family and I got to be His instrument in doing so! This next week I am going to work harder at not discounting and brushing off those feelings and promptings that I get. I hope I can be His instrument in blessing more lives! And I'm so grateful for His love and for helping me see His hand in my life and the lives of others. I am also grateful to Rachel Mills for inspiring me!

No comments:
Post a Comment