Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pics of Jakob


This is looking down from the window that Jakob fell out of. The door was shut when it happened. I've analyzed myself sick over trying to figure out how he fell and I still am not sure. Jakob remembers the initial fall and seeing grass but when I found him he was lying face down at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of blood.

We did not have our camera there for the first two days. This was taken on Saturday. Amazing! You would never know he crushed his skull on the top left side of his head. Well, if you look really hard you can see that the side of his face near the ear is swollen. And as I said before he broke his eyebrow bone on that left eye. He did not brake his nose although it is swollen too. And he didn't want anyone to touch his face this day thus the food all over his mouth.
This is Saturday. They are watching a movie. Kids, including family, are not allowed in the rooms and today they finally told us not to bring Zackary back in.
And yes, you will notice that Jakob is wearing the same clothes in all the pictures. He has refused to change his clothes every day that he's been there. He did get a sponge bath and this pair of clean clothing after that first night in the ICU. But it hasn't changed.

This is Sunday morning. I can't believe how good he looks.

This is Sunday around dinner time. My friend (whose son is also on the same floor as Jakob) and I visited all day today and when Jakob excitedly told us about his eye she looked at the time and pointed out that it was dinner time. That is important because our ward (and John's family) held a special fast for Jakob today from dinner time last night to dinner time tonight.
I think I've mentioned before how every time I look at Jakob I seriously have seen prayers being answered. This was a huge step in his recovery!
The Opthomologist yesterday said that they (all the students who get to work with Jakob) were hoping that in 10 days the swelling would be down enough for them to start doing more testing on his eye. Well, looks like they may not need all 10 days.
The swelling in his nose has even gone down just from this morning.
It really is because of all those praying for him! Thank you sooo much everyone!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Marrian,

We are so sorry to hear about Jakob's traumatic experience. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Hope he heals fast. I hope you don't beat yourself up over this. We all have moments when we feel we could be better parents, but sometimes things just happen. Keep us posted.

Love,
The Briggs'

Brandon & Andrea said...

Poor Jakob! I'm glad you are in a supportive ward and have made lots of friends in Wiesbaden.

Melanie said...

Wow! Jakob's progress is amazing! I am so glad he is recovering so quickly. Just another testimony of fasting and prayer!

Colleen said...

He looks so good for what he went through! What a trooper! Cant' wait to hear about the progress he makes!

debs life said...

Awe poor little guy! I hope the swelling continues to o down.

Emily Brandt A... said...

Wow, Marrian, what an ordeal! I cannot imagine. It's gotta be a parent's worst nightmare. You seem to be handling it well. Are you doing okay? I am so glad that so many people have fasted and prayed for Jakob, and that he is getting better quickly! I am thinking of you.

Emily

The Young's said...

Marrian,
I could not figure out why I had your family on my mind this week until Sis. Howe told me what happened. I am so sorry this has happened to little Jakob, but isn't it amazing the strength a little child has? I remember vividly the helpless feeling you have as a parent when your kids are hurting. It was then I realized whose children they truly are. We are praying for all of you and I have faith that all will be well.

The Read-Dominick Clan said...

Hey Marrian, I was soo shocked to hear what had happened to Jakob, and I am sooo happy that he is ok, I cant even begin to imagine how that must have been for you, give Jakob our love and tell him we are praying for him as are people all over germany and Im sure all over the world!!!, what a lucky boy he is

Brittany said...

Oh poor Jakob!!!!! I am glad he is getting better so fast! That must have been very traumatic for you. I miss you and think of you guys often!!! Love ya!