Jakob is out of the hospital! He was released Tuesday evening.
Eventhough he had only been in the hospital 5 days he had a hard time adjusting back to 'normal' life. John says it was because he was SPOILED in the hospital and didn't want to give it up. Whatever the reason, he was AWFUL that first night and half of the next day. I've never seen him throw such tantrums and fits like he did.
None the less, he is doing GREAT! His eyes are still bruised but compared the the pics below he just looks like he got into a fight.
He has been off pain medication for two days now and hasn't had one headache.
Last night we ate at the food court and while there ran into some new friends from church. Jakob was in the hospital when I met them so they had never seen Jakob. When they asked, "which one is Jakob?" I pointed over to the little riding train and there was Jakob, ON TOP OF IT. It seriously is as if nothing happened at all.
Our first full day back home Jakob was sitting on the window seal watching a movie. (He gets to watch LOTS of movies because he's really not suppose to be actively playing around). My neighbor called me and said that all the girls in our stairwell had run up to tell her that Jakob was in the window. Cute! All the windows facing the back are locked so no one can open them unless they have a special key.
We have a trampoline in the back (which was put up on Monday for those of you who know the story). Jakob wants to jump on it soooooo bad. Being the smart kid that he is, yesterday he played with all the other toys in the back for a little while and then found the broom we use to sweep the tramp. He told me he knew he couldn't jump on it but asked if he could get on it and 'just' sweep it. :)
We have one more Opthomology app. next week and we are good to go for a month. It really is amazing! Thank you ALL so much for your prayers! Prayer really does work!:)
6 comments:
Glad to hear the recovery is going well.
Awesome! I am so glad he is home!
I am so happy to hear how well he is doing! Awesome!!!
I just got caught up with all your posts. I am so grateful that all is going so well for y'all and your prayers are being answered.
Oh I am so glad the little guy is OK. It's super ok to be spoiled Mommy because he has been through a really traumatic time.
Love to all.
Good news! I am glad to hear he is healing well. Thanks for keeping us all posted.
Post a Comment