"Do you wonder if he know who you are? Do you wonder if he knows the secret pleadings of your heart? He has numbered every sand of the sea. And he longs for you to know that he believes in you.
Can you feel the quiet power from above? Can you feel his strength surround you when your own is not enough?
He has blessed you with his spirit on high and he longs for you to know it lives inside of you. "
These are the thoughts and feelings I've had the last few days, in perfect description.
They are the lyrics from Jenny Phillip's song, "Daughter of a King". I LOVE it because when I do start to wonder if Heavenly FAther is aware of what's going on, if He REALLY knows me and knows the pleadings of my heart I ALWAYS get such a feeling that he does know me and knows what is going on and HE is right there next me helping me the whole way through.
When we were in ICU there were a bunch of med students looking Jakob over and then talking to each other. Luckily, I had the military medical laison (SP?) there to translate for me and he said they were all talking about how Jakob must have had angels around him helping him because his injuries were so 'minor' for the extent of his accident.
I truly believe that. I have seen it so many times when my kids have been hurt due to my negligence. I could tell you several stories of head injuries that both kids have had where there was not even a bruise left nor a sound of the head hitting the cement.
I can't begin to tell you the blessings that have come into the lives of those around me because of this accident. Especially with my AWESOME neighbors. Not only is my ward my family, but through this all my neighbors have truly become our family and the Spirit has touched their hearts in ways that will forever bless their lives and their families. And as aweful as this may sound, if we leave Germany and our neighbors have joined the church, this experience will be well worth it! We (my member neighbors and I) have had some sweet talks and experiences with our neighbors in talking about Heavenly Father, religion and beliefs through this. It truly has been sweet. And even as I sit here writing about it the Spirit witnesses to me that Heavenly Father is using this experience to bless their lives. It so amazes me how bitter experiences can be so sweet and fulfilling!
2 comments:
You are amazing to already see the positive out of the negative! It is so true, though! Sometimes things happen some ways that could never happen any other way.
I have had horrible experiences happen in my life that are ones that I am thankful for because they helped all those around me and made me a better person, that's what the expeiences are for, for our own good.
Post a Comment