Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jakob

About 4 days ago
About two days ago.

Today, 10 days after the accident, he has no bruising left. Well, if you look really close you can see a tiny bit of green. But for the most part, all the brusing is gone and there is no sign of swelling on his face. It is so amazing!
He went to the Opthomologist last Monday and he said Jakob has healed well and there is absolutely nothing wrong his eye. In fact, his eye sight is better in left eye than in his right. :)
I don't remember if I wrote about this but German doctors don't talk much to their patients. Our German/American, insurance Laison said that it's German culture for the doctors to not tell the patient or family members what's going on, what they're doing and why. So it wasn't until the day we left the hospital that this same Laiason told me where the damages really happened to Jakob. SO, he crushed his skull at the top, center of his forehead and he broke the bone just under his eye. As you can see below, he is one tough child to keep down!

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

so miraculous!

debs life said...

glad to hear that his eye is okay and he continues to heal well. Did you ever get any resolve with your German neighbors and the tramp? I see that you are still using it, which is why I ask.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marrian. This is Greg. So glad to read and see that Jakob is healing very well. I thank the Lord for His kindness. The outcome could have been very different without His intervention. We love you and hope your nerves will not be frazzled by the time John gets back.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hurt for you little man. I am so glad you are feeling better. That is some shiner. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord answers out prayers.