Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Newest member of the John Lord Family

Meet Koda, our German Shepherd.
She came to us from Illinois on Tuesday, Aug. 25th.
She is 3 months old.


She is half Zack's size and is still hoping to out rank him in pack order.
The boys love her and she does well them.


Check out those feet! She is going to be HUGE. When the Hartman's brought her to us I was shocked at her size. I was imagining something a little smaller for 3 months. Not sure what I was thinking.
I now have 3 hyper toddlers who don't listen to a thing a I say. And I get no sleep as if I had a newborn. I take her outside to potty before I go to bed and then again sometime around 4am.
The first night we had her I slept on the floor next to her large crate and I didn't sleep the entire night. Now, several days later I am sleeping in the living room on the couch.
I don't think I would be so if I didn't have neighbors above me and beside me, worrying about keeping them awake all night.
And, of course, John is gone for the month doing some training thing. :)
All in all, she is one GREAT puppy! She does well in her crate, she walks next to me when we go for walks, and she doesn't run to and bark at other people or dogs. She is quite attached to my foot and follows me everywhere. She is very calm for a 3 month old puppy and I hope she stays that way.

3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

we had German Shepard when I was a little girl and we have fond memories of her

debs life said...

Smart dogs! Good pick! She's is beautiful! Jaxon loves dogs but I am not willing at this point to take care of an extra "kid" like you mentioned. I love dogs but won't have another one until we retire, then I don't have to worry about moving with it.

Tamra said...

You are brave! What a good Momma you are! We promised the kids a dog when Kyle gets home, but I am quickly trying to get out of it! Hope all goes well!