Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FHE with Toddlers

Usually we don't do much for FHE (Family Home Evening). We try to always do something and it is usually a story of from WHO'S YOUR HERO or learning new primary songs. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to really put some effort into this. I prepared a lesson from the new Nursery book, I had pictures an activity and even some yummy treats.
Well, FHE didn't turn out like I had pictured it would. Both boys were hyper and wouldn't sit for anything, even singing, which they LOVE. I could hardly get a short prayer in. After fighting with them for 1/2 an hour I gave in and pulled out one of the WHO'S YOUR HERO books and both boys were instantly on my lap ready for a story. AAHHH!!! This is so frustrating.
I sure hope they grow out of this :)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize as I read this we still have adult FHEs... maybe I need to be more like you and do kid FHEs!!!!
The girls love the prayer and song and usually play during the lesson... well thanks for the realization that I need to do KID fhe!

Isaak and Jackie said...

give it time things will get better. But yes it is so frustrating when things don't go as planned.