Because we "moved" to the States at the end of September and were supposedly moving anytime now to Wiesbaden, I have not had a calling for quite a while. (Our ward, the size of a branch is a little slow at make callings.) At first it was nice. I'm pretty self motivated when it comes to serving others so I am never without anything to do. But after a while, I just started feeling like I needed something more...even if it was just visiting teaching. So when Bro. Brooks from the Bishopric asked to see me, I was sooo excited! Until the call came..."will you serve as a Primary teacher for the 4-7 year olds?" I wanted to start laughing. Actually, I think I did. Those 'inspired' men have obviosly never seen me with their WILD children. Yes, this group of kids is a large one containing the wildest of all the kids in the ward. Nervous??? Absolutely!
I have never taught primary before, nor had any calling in primary. Well, I take that back, I did have one for a month and it was a combined calling with John. I think I only taught once in that month and they were the 11 year olds.
So, I am a little scared, but I think it will be a good experience. I sub. taught for the Sumbeams a couple weeks ago and that was surprisingly a lot of fun. And when the time was over, I seriously had the thought, "I think I could really like teaching primary kids". I have always said to myslef that any primary calling for me would be the biggest growing experience, so here's to growing! :)
3 comments:
here is to growing!
I have taught primary quite a bit and it is some work :) ENJOY!
Well!!! Primary eh! I think its a pretty enjoyable yet rewarding calling to have. Im still in Sunbeams and loved it! (only because I only have 2 girls in my class)... I think you will do great! Check out this website www.sugardoodle.com or net or org... can't remember which one. They have great ideas for lessons!
I had no idea that you were called to teach I only thought you were being so kind and helpful to our primary. Congrats and you'll do great! I am excited for lunch next week.
Post a Comment