Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is a picture of the boys playing with playdough. Zack had a great time. It was actually his firt time and he didn't know what to do with it in the beginning. But after he saw what Jakob was doing, he was all over it.




Today we had some friends over and they were all hanging out in our "TV" room. One time I went to check on them and I found Zack laying on Jakob like this. And Jakob didn't even care.



I tried my hand at a new craft today...I made this muffin basket. It was sooooo fun! Here is my finished product.




I have a new favorite thing...antiques. John and I bought this Dutch buffet and hutch at a Bizaar in Bamberg. I absolutely love it! It is at least 100 years old. We got to the know the sellers pretty well and that was such a great experience too. They are from Holland (which is why we have this Dutch piece of furniture) and this is their life; selling antique furniture that they buy from Estate sales. This was a piece of furniture sold by an older woman who got it as a hand-me-down from her mother who got it from her's. I have analyzed every inch of it and the more I do, the more I love it. There is so much character to it.

5 comments:

We are the Terry's!!! said...

WOW!!! You will definitely gonna have to show me how to make the basket when we meet again! It looks AWESOME! Perfect size for rolls and muffins! I miss seeing your boys and yourself! Coleman still remembers Jakob and Zack! He said their names without me telling him who they are!

Brittany said...

Once again the boys are so cute and I miss you all! I miss Germany too! Hopefully I'll get to come back and visit. Hey I have spring break on the 22 of March. That's an idea.Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

play dough :) you are braver than me :) I have yet to try it haha

and great antique! We have a HUGE German "shrunk" from when Jake's grandparents were stationed over there w/the AF

Isaak and Jackie said...

I had no idea you made that muffin basket, I thought it was so cute, you'll have to show me how. Thanks again for the fun lunch with delicious food.

Anonymous said...

Hi Girlfriend, wow I love the hutch. It is absolutely beautiful Good for you. Hi to the boys and John
Love, Louise