
Before John left we were able to go to the Frankfrut Temple. Here are some pictures of that trip. It is about 3 hours away so the trip was a very long one. Next time we will stay the night there. We had a friend come with us who is a single girl from Arizona. She is here doing her student teaching at the DOD school. She watched the kids while we did a session and then she did baptisms. While getting ready for the session I made friends with another woman whose husband happens to be in the military. He too is deployed but was on R & R. They also had friends watching their child while they did a session. It's so nice to know other people are in the same situation as we are. Having an eternal perspective sure helps get me through these deployments and it was nice to go to the temple before the separation so that I can begin with that fresh in my mind.

4 comments:
SUCH A SWEET STORY. I REALLY ENJOYED READING THIS... IT MAKES ME WANT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE THIS MINUTE!
Thanks for posting the pictures Marrian. When I was a young teenager, I went to the Frankfurt Temple dedication. It was one of those great, early testimony building experiences for me. I still have my white handkerchief and everything! Before that temple was built we used to go to the Swiss Temple for baptisms as youth. That was a really cool thing because we'd spend the night in the underground bunkers across the street. Very cool experiences as a youth living in Germany.
How fun!! You should make a check list of all the temples you have visited... What an opportunity!!
We got sealed in that Temple! Yeah!
Post a Comment