Friday, March 14, 2008

Jakob and His New Bike



Jakob got a bike before we moved to Germany and he was so excited to ride it when our stuff arrived. He loves his bike and he loves wearing his helmet too.
Sometimes it drives me nuts that he wants to do all these "big boy" things and everything by himself even if he's not really capable of doing them. That happened this morning too. He wanted the battery in his train changed so that it would work and HE wanted to do the changing. So I gave him "his" screwdriver and waited to see what happend. To my surprise he was able to get the tiny screw out of the train. I don't know if it drives me nuts because I think he's still too small to be able to do them or if it's because I just am not ready for him to be growing up that fast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! IT IS AMAZING HOW FAST THEY GROW UP! TODAY I REALIZED IN A PICTURE I TOOK AIMI LARK LOOKED LIKE A "TODDLER" AND NOT A BABY!!! IT MADE ME SO SAD!

Tamra said...

What a big boy! I agree. They grow up way too fast. I always tell Brennan to stop growing! He then tells me that growing up is his job. I wish I had a time machne!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Today Scuffy asked me if Jakocb could come over to play. He wanted me to "quick call his momma." I told him that he lived too far away - and so Scuffy figured that he must live in Iraq then. Ahh Iraq, the place where all Army boys figure their friends have gone!!

Suzanne said...

Marrian, thanks for your comment on my Goliath blog! =) It's nice to hear from you. I love all the pictures you have up. You guys look great!