Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day...I'm not even sure anymore.

On Wednesday (day 3 of my juice cleanse) we decided to take a trip to Texas and we left that evening.  Oh, I was quite a bit nervous about how I was going to juice for all my meals and snacks.  So, I decided to just do raw and juice.  I juiced in the hotels and ate raw the rest of the time.  I was prepared!  What I wasn't prepared for was how yummy Burger King chicken nuggets and french fries smelled.  It was so stinkin hard!!!!  But I did alright.  I mostly starved.  I know, that's just as bad as eating those chicken nuggets.  I just figured I wasn't putting any poison into my body.  On the way home I was so car sick I had to give in. The wind was really bad.  So bad that they closed part of I-10 forcing us to stay the night.  At first I ate lots of sunflower seeds.  After a while, they contributed to the sickness.  So I bought some potato chips.  I figured they were the best of the worste.  They had no preservatives and nothing I was allergice to or sensitive to like gluten and spices.  And that was all I ate.  But as soon as we got home I juiced and have been juicing ever since and I feel so great! 
I am nervous about what I'm going to allow myself to eat when this is all over.  There's not a lot out there that I can eat.  I know for sure that I'm going to have a great big bowl of spaghetti :).  (The kind with Zuccinni instead of noodles).  I'm thinking about making some stir-fry with quinoa and amino acid for the soy sauce.  (I can't have any soy).  It will be interesting.  This thing will be over on Thursday.  But I know that for sure, I'm still going to juice at least once a day, if not more.  I have started collecting raw recipes.  (I do plan to have salmon every now and then...cooked)
Zack's birthday is on Saturday.  He's having a party on Friday night.  I'm making chocolate ice cream and strawberry ice cream.  Both of which will be dairy free and sugar free.  I've made the strawberry kind already and it is yummy.  I am also making a gluten free/sugar free chocolate pound cake.  My favorite! 
We bought a house in Texas.  I will post pics of it and of Zack's birthday soon!

1 comment:

debs life said...

Well, if you knew what was in those chicken nuggets, they wouldn't smell that great, ha ha.

Congrats on your new home! I hope we live in Texas some day. Have fun and good luck with the move and getting settled in.