Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 1

Today was my first day of only juicing.  Well, I had a smoothie too.  By the time dinner came around I was not hungry at all so I had to make a yummy "treat" just to get some nutrients inside.  It was a chocolate (cocoa powder), strawberry, banana (and avacado) smoothie.  I am really surprised at how easy today was.  I "released" quite a bit of toxins and that felt really good. 
The best part about today is that it is 8:15pm and I am not tired at all.  And I've been Spring cleaning all day.  In fact, I just finished steam cleaning my living room rung.  Normally, I'm falling asleep by 7pm and have no energy to even clean the kitchen after dinner.  But today, the kitchen is cleaned!
Making dinner for the family was difficult.  I made stir fry and it smelled oh so good.  But instead of giving in I started a list of dinners I could make when I am done.  I will be able to eat stir fry in 10 days, it will just be with quinoa, more veggies, no meat and no sauce.  My very favorite meal is spaghetti.  Last week when I was eating raw I made 'noodle' out of zuccinni.  I put organic (no sugar) spaghetti sauce on it (I know, it's not raw but I it's close enough) and I ate it.  It was really good and I didn't miss the pasta. 
I found some great juice recipes that I'm excited to try tomorrow.  Gotta go shopping for more produce.  This is quite expensive, but I know it will be worth it.
I'm hoping that by the end of the 10 days I will have found some yummy things that I kids will actually eat. 
 

No comments: