Jakob's "100 Days of School" project. He made this out of 100 legos. (Including the lego man on top). I was pretty impressed with him.
On the 100th day of school Jakob's class dressed up as 100 year old people. Jakob took his suspenders off because they were bothering him. My favorite was the girl in the second row who used a walker. My next favorite was the girl next to her who wore pantyhose.
The 1st graders went on a Chinese New Year parade. It was so fun! They made dragon heads to carry around and they made noise with their musical instruments and chanted something in Cantonese. Even Zack had fun participating. Jakob is in the red t-shirt and Zack is behind him.
I volunteer in Jakob's class on Friday mornings. I LOVE IT! He has the coolest who does fun things with them. Most of my volunteering is just teaching sign language. But this day I got to go around chanting Cantonese with them.
This was Dr. Suess's birthday. I forgot all about it being his birthday. I had wanted to do green eggs and all that fun stuff. (We love Dr. Suess around here) Needless to say, I was grateful the movie "The Lorax" opened that day. This is a picture of Jakob and Zack with their 3D glasses on.
Zack is so determined to do everything by himself these days. EVERYTHING! This is him using a butter knife to open a package.
Jakob turned 7yrs old last month. All he wanted to do was go to Chucky Cheese for his birthday. He sure had a lot of fun! The other day Jakob told me that he is not suppose to be in 1st grade anymore. He said that 7 year olds don't go to first grade, they go to 2nd. He wasn't too thrilled when I told him he couldn't go to 2nd grade until he completed everything in 1st grade.
This is Elder Rose (in the middle) and Elder Kohl. We LOVE missionaries! We especially love it when we make connections with them and that is how it was with Elder Rose. What an awesome missionary he is! We were so sad when he was transferred after being here for 7 months!


1 comment:
Love the lego 100!
Post a Comment