Monday, December 12, 2011

Javalina

It is 2:00 AM and I am taking pictures from my bedroom window.  That is our garbage can on the ground and two javalina (havaline) are getting what they can from it.  The javalina look like large wild pigs.  They are loud and are hard to scare away when they're hungry.  They usually run around in packs.  One night I counted 13 javalina (4 babies) running around the neighborhood.

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

CRAZY
It is funny how military bases are always FULL of animal life.
At DLI it was DEER but they're nicer than these look haha.

Rachel said...

*cracks up* I swore javelina were just made up like the Jackalope! Andrew used to see them all the time, my mom would see them every time she came out to visit, yet it took me THREE YEARS to see one! I joked once that I couldn't leave Ft Huachuca until I saw one. I FINALLY did see one and a week later, we got our orders for Fort Rucker! And in those final few months at Huachuca, I saw them ALL THE TIME! I DO NOT miss how they smell!