Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WE HAVE OUR ORDERS!!!

We received our official orders today...
We are going to Fort Huachuca, AZ.
It's not the most glamorous place to go but after being in Germany for 3 years, it's looking pretty good for me. I am mostly looking forward to the constance of sunshine there! Oh, how I can't wait to see the sun for more than a few weeks a year. (I say that even though we have had record breaking sunny days and warmth here).
Other things I'm looking forward to with this move:
Target
Walmart
Craft stores
Health food stores
Hair products
More selections at the grocery stores, even the commissary
Road signs that I can read (I can't tell you how many times I've been honked at or driven down streets I wasn't suppose to.)
Budgeting with only one currency
Vacations that don't cost twice as much because of the currency exchange rate
NO STAIRWELL/APT. LIVING!!!!!
A kitchen
Space

We will be leaving around the 29th of Nov. We report in AZ the middle of Dec.

13 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That is so exciting!
3 years!? really? that long!?
I am so happy for y'all!
Huachuca is a perfect place for an MI guy :)
Will you do base housing again?
The housing there seemed new and nice :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you. It will be wonderful for you to come back to the states. Hopefully you will make a stop in Ogden, I would love to see all of you. Loved the pictures of the future missionaries.
Much Love
Louise

Rachel said...

With any luck you may end up back in your old house! At least you don't have to learn your way around again :) You'll get to go to the Cove and Splash Time!

Oh, my weigh-loss blog address is different. It's now http://discoveringrachel.blogspot.comjust so you know!

Emily Brandt A... said...

Wow! That WILL be a big change!! Have you been there before? We were there for Jeff's OBC for a few months. I hope they have more health food stores now. The only one I found when we were there 7 years ago was in Bisbee, 30 minutes away. Some military people prefer to live there and commute. It's a cute little old western style mining town. But if John is MI, then you've likely been there and know all this anyway. :]
I can appreciate the challenges of living in a foreign country. I rave about living in Japan, but the challenges of living here are completely overwhelming at times.

I'm excited for you!
Emily

Anne Osman said...

At least you know what to expect. I enjoyed our three years in Germany, but it was nice to come back to the States.

Isaak and Jackie said...

how exciting. We miss Germany but there is definitely nothing like the USA

Colleen said...

So happy for you! Great list of things that we all take advantage of that you've been missing! Gives me great perspective! :)

Tamra said...

Funny how things change! I always look back to a place with fonder memories then I enjoyed while living there. Maybe you can get the cul-de -sac. Your boys would love it! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! We're so excited you guys are coming back. We can't wait to be able to see you guys again. November? So will you be here for Christmas? We sure hope so! Love you guys!

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Wahoo! We're so excited you guys are coming back. We can't wait to be able to see you guys again. November? So will you be here for Christmas? We sure hope so! Love you guys!

Ben said...

Congrats Mar and John! We're excited to have you "close" again!

Emily Snow said...

Congrats!

jcb said...

I don't know...I think you're going to look back and say, "I miss Germany..." Glad to see you are going to a familiar place and see some familiar people again!