Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Thermalbad

This has become our favorite thing to do in Germany! And the best part about it is that Zackary is learning to love it too. We love these places because they are like indoor water parks. They have huge winding slide, lap pools with diving board, slides for the younger kids, wave pools, 4 feet wading pools. They also have cafes and swimwear, you name, it's here.
Jakob is awesome! Put on some floaties and he can do anything. And will. We've gotten in trouble a couple of times because he is so much faster than we are and he gets caught being without an adult. This day that I took the pictures I decided it was time for swim lessons. They are very expensive here but Jakob really doesn't want to participate in any other sport so I might as well put my money to something he's really interested in.

This first picture is of Zackary and Jakob going down the big slide with Dad. Of course, you can't see dad because he is under the water holding Zackary up. Jakob is getting out of the water.

Dad taught Jakob how to dive. I wasn't there when he dived off the diving board. Dad said it looked more like a belly flop than a dive :D.


I think this is Jakob's favorite place in the whole area. He did get kicked off the board because we ran over into lap swim time. OF course, we can't read the signs so we have no idea when we are allowed to jump and when we're not.


This is my little Zackary. He amazes me every time we go to the pool. He gets more and more brave.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That place kicks The Cove's butt!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love indoor water places!
I am not a fan of the sun so it works out great for me haha.

Colleen said...

How fun!!! Makes me want to go swimming, but not get into a swimsuit! :)

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

There are so many fun things you guys have to do in Germany! What a blast!

Peggy said...

Swimming is so great! I love the water! Swim lessons are totally worth it! I also love the new pic of you on the blog!