THE TRAMPOLINE

Here the boys are jumping on their trampoline while a sprinkler sprays water on them. They thought this was the coolest thing!
ARMY POST PLAYGROUND IN HEIDELBERG

John's BTN had an Organization Day (a work day in which they set up a BBQ, games and things for families). Since part of the Battallion is in Heidleberg they decided to host it there. After we got there we understood why it was the chosen place. With this huge playground area they didn't have to plan much for the kids. Jakob LOVED this place! Zack, well, he enjoyed himself but he's not the dare-devil that his brother is so he didn't get as much out of all these huge slides.
OUTDOOR PARK WITH LARGE ANIMALS

Every week we have been going to a designated "park" with others from church. This park was the first one we went to. It was more like a zoo with a little playground area. These pigs were fun to see. I now realize why pork is the cheap meat here in Germany.
INDOOR PLAYGROUND- MAINZ



Germany has these indoor playground areas that are sooo cool! I think it's because it rains so much here that people have become inventive and started doing these. Of course, they aren't really that cheap, but they sure are fun. This is the first one we've been to and we hear the others in this area are all similar. The boys had a blast for hours here.
BAMBERG

We spent a couple of days visiting the Dettmer Family in Ebermannstadt. They are friends of ours from Bamberg. We love this family and were so excited to be invited to spent the night and visit them. While there we went to the Renaissance Fair. (That is literally out in the middle of no where, next to an old castle) This is a yearly tradition for the Dettmer family and was something the boys and I did last year with them. It is tradition for people who go to this place to dress in mideavil attire and just walk around looking at all the neat merchandise and exhibits from 100s or years ago. Last year Jakob got a sword and shield and was able to bring it and play with it. Zack was still too young and didn't really care. This year he was beyond excited and loved every minute of sword fighting that he got.
PRESCHOOL

I signed Jakob up for the summer preschool program here. I very much dislike the military's program for preschool but Jakob really needs something. SO, I decided that while he may not be learning how to write and such, he's still learning how to be social and interact with other kids and adults. I know there may come a time when homeschooling is something I have to think about but for this child, that will never happen. He LOVES going to "school" and I can't wait for realy school to start.

I signed Jakob up for the summer preschool program here. I very much dislike the military's program for preschool but Jakob really needs something. SO, I decided that while he may not be learning how to write and such, he's still learning how to be social and interact with other kids and adults. I know there may come a time when homeschooling is something I have to think about but for this child, that will never happen. He LOVES going to "school" and I can't wait for realy school to start.

7 comments:
Glad you are having so much fun. Germany has great indoor swimming pools, too. I miss Germany a little when I see pictures of it. We really enjoyed out 3 years there.
Oh my goodness! I think my Noah would pass out from sheer joy if he ever saw that awesome playground! This is the kid who can spot a McDonalds playland from the freeway because of the slides!
Wow! It looks like you guys are having tons of fun!! Jason lived in Heidelberg the first time he was in the military and loved it. He's been trying to sell me on Germany this entire enlistment. I don't know if I'm ready for something like that, but then again what the army wants the army gets:)
We were at the Medieval Fest! Was it the one at Burg Rabenstein? My kids loved it too! Glad to see you are doing good and having a fun summer!
I have always been so apprehensive of pre-school. I am so glad Jakob likes it b/c it makes me open my mind to the idea more...I guess I have always just thought that I didn't go and I did great so who needs it?
I love all the fun SUMMER in the SUN stuff y'all are up to!
Wow, that looks like some fun stuff! We don't have anything like that around here. Our post is tiny and Japan is too packed for anything big. But there is still plenty to do.
Keep having fun. Do you know when you might head back to the States? It's been a long time for you. I can understand why you would miss it.
Very cute pictures, especially down the right side!
Post a Comment