When we went back to housing to tell them we weren't interested they threw a fit. The woman helping us got her manager and he made some calls and then refused to talk to us until John officially started working. I seriously cried half the night.
After about a week of distress I decided that I was going to have a better attitude about this whole experience. There is always something good that can be found in everything and that is just what I was going to do.
After about a week of distress I decided that I was going to have a better attitude about this whole experience. There is always something good that can be found in everything and that is just what I was going to do.
Last week, after fervently praying for help in this matter John started working and we once again went to the housing office to see what was available. There was one apartment available and it was in the same building as the one we had seen before.
When we got there the outside didn't look nearly as bad and the inside was so cute. It was SMALL like the other one, but I seriously liked the layout much better. I was actually excited about this place. I could go on and on about all the things I liked about it. The most important is how different the lay out was to me. Two days later we moved in and I still lovin it!
When we got there the outside didn't look nearly as bad and the inside was so cute. It was SMALL like the other one, but I seriously liked the layout much better. I was actually excited about this place. I could go on and on about all the things I liked about it. The most important is how different the lay out was to me. Two days later we moved in and I still lovin it!
I was talking to one of my neighbors about how different this place looks compared to the apartment on the other side of the building and she laughed. Then she told me she has been in most of the apartments in this building they are all the same lay out. I jokingly argued with her because I KNOW it is different. Then John popped in and said he knew all along that it was the same layout and thought it was funny that I missed that.
Lesson learned is that when we look on the bright side of things, looking for the good in whatever is before us, it will always look better than when we're not.
Here is our stairwell building in Bamberg. We lived on the third floor. (with laundry in the basement)

2 comments:
I love it! So true, it is all about the attitude! Thanks for reminding me. We all need a little nudge in the right direction!
I am excited to see what you do with the place!!! I loved your story! so amazing how things work out
Post a Comment