Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Trip to Holland

My blog is acting kind of funny so I'm not sure if this writing is going to be where I want it to be. We went to Holland a week ago to see the Kuekenhof. It's the big Tulip 'museum' of sorts. We went on the opening day of the season but there were not a lot of tulips in bloom. The pic of the colorful field is a tulip field. They were everywhere. This place was quite the site even with only some of the flowers in bloom. The kids got bored fast so we found a park and petting zoo and let them play for a while. (You can see pics below of that). My favorite part of Holland were all the windmills. All the ones that we saw are still being used today. They are truly amazing. I think it would be fun to have our own Holland style windmill and live in it. :)
There were a lot of Asian people in the two places we went to. (We also went to Zaanse Schans)
At the places we visited the Asian people were fascinated with our blonde boys. There is a picture of the kids (we went with some friends of ours and their kids are also in the picture) next to a white old fashion vehicle, if you can see it, there is an Asian girl standing there too. At first we thought she was just getting a quick picture of standing next to the car but then she trying to get the kids to turn around to be in the picture too. After that, we noticed a lot of Asian 'photographers' taking pictures of our kids. It was quite funny.
The last picture is just something I thought was cool. It is a German Toyota Carolla. A little different than the American style one. I never thought about the fact that auto makers would make the same vehicle different for different countries.
Oh yeah, I also wanted to mention the Flinstone car. Jakob and Zack have seen a few episodes of the Flinstones recently and thought this was the coolest thing.
























































6 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

the tulip fields remind me of the movie the best two years

I love all the sight seeing y'all are doing! such an experience!

we have friends stationed in Korea and they talk about how their kids are such big attractions to the Koreans.

Isaak and Jackie said...

I am so glad you got to witness the famous flower park in Holland that will always be one of my favorite places to visit.

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

Yeah! What a fun trip. Ben and I want to go to the Tulip Festival this week at Thanksgiving Point, so maybe we can say we got a taste of what is is like to be in Holland. If people start taking pictures of us though, I will wonder.

Brandon & Andrea said...

Marrian--I don't know if you'll get this but I just saw your post about Wiesbaden. Call me when you get a chance, or give me the number for your hotel and I'll call you!

I love your pictures from Holland.

Tamra said...

Holland? Is this fair? I am so jealous! Just kidding. It sounds like a great memory making trip.

debs life said...

We we went, we BARELY missed the tulip fields, they had just been plucked, however it was still worth going to because there were still flowers everywhere! Thanks for sharing!