We left somewhere in the 6 am hour and arrived in Utah about 20 hours later. It was a very long day and of course, the kids did not sleep until the very end. All that you see in the picture above is what I carried onto the airplanes. (I have a backpack and another one in the stroller.) I tried to send as much as I could so that I could travel light.
We had two lay-overs and 3 plane rides. The first plane ride was almost enough to make me turn around and go home. We had to board a bus then the airplane.
I tried to take enough stuff for the kids to do and snack on to last the entire time. It didn't work so well because they seem to have very short attention spans and what seemed like a lot of activities really wasn't enough. Thankfully, there were cartoons on the long ride over seas.
Zack, my shy child seems to make friends in the airport quite well. This man is from Poland. We are at our last layover and the guy was on every airplane that we were on. Of course, I didn't know it until this last lay-over. He was a nice guy and Zack wanted him to play. I'm not quite sure why but everytime Zack wanted to look out that window he would go to this Polish guy and hound him until he too went to the window.
By the time we got to Shannon's house we (I) had been awake for 23 hours. And sleep didn't seem to last very long. The time change sure does wacky things to your sleeping. But, we have survived and are now back to normal sleeping times.
2 comments:
way to document that trip! one for the memory books!
Glad to hear you made it safely, I cringe at the thought of 1 lay over with JUST JAXON! I can't believe that you got through it okay! Anyway, I am doing ok. Seth actually gets R&R a few weeks from now. Have fun with John! I hope you have the best R&R EVER!
Post a Comment