
This is Jakob slaying the dragon, with a little help because he couldn't throw the ball that high. Below you can see he got the dragon's eye. :)


There was a fight. I had to take my screaming Zack to the parking lot during most of this so I'm not sure what it was all about. (Plus, it was all in German) The kids sure had fun watching it, at first. It did last a long time.

The funnest part of the day was when the kids got to fight with each other using thier swords and sheilds. Joerg Dettmer is giving Jakob and Ricky Stafford some fighting lessons. They were mostly for Jakob because it was too easy for him to get carried away and start hitting anyone in his path.

I did buy the sword and sheild so that Jakob could play with them and then take them home.
Now it sits in his bedroom on a shelf. He still gets too carried away with it :).

Here Jakob is fighting with Abe Stafford. Abe is the same age as Jakob.

Even Zack wanted in the action.

This is a castle right outside the area of the festival. We didn't go inside, I think it cost money and there were too many of us with little children. You can only see some of it because it sits on a hill inside a dense area of trees. But we did walk around as much of it as we could.

This is one side of it with the entrance in front.

Us at the entrance.

The other side of the castle. I think someone told me there were 7 floors to this building.
Quite extraordinary.

Most of the kids preferred climbing the rock walls for entertainment. They aren't into looking at these really old buildings yet :).
3 comments:
i love history! this looks fun!
good job at getting out and about!!!
I love touring old buildings and castles. It is hard with little kids, though. it looks like the festival was lots of fun. i love how green it is..
Thanks for all the pictures of my boys. It is a small peice of heaven to see them and know they are having fun.
I love you guys!!
Post a Comment