
This is Maren Stafford. She is the coolest person around! :) This is her playing the guitar, which she is very talented at. Her husband is our Bishop and is also one of the assistant coaches for the Brose Baskets basketball team. (The "e" on the end sounds like an "a"...like 'Brosa) It's a pro. basketball team. They are American, for the most part and have been here in Germany for many years. This girl is really helping me see that I need to tone it down, major, on my seriousness. She has 5 kids (one girl) and they all have lots of energy and are athletic and fun. She has a boy that is just 3 years old. He is a cutie and from the stories I hear, he and Jakob are so much a like. More than any other worry, having friends that my kids can play with is at the top of the list. Especially coming from Arizona where all my friends were, for the most part, my age with kids the same ages as my kids. And it was so fun for Jakob as well as for me. Here...not quite like that. Of course, they are not military and don't live one street over :). But I can make some adjustments for the distance. I am sooo glad Maren is here!

This is us at her husband's basketball game. The team is in the play-offs right now.

This is the 'real' Maren...crazy :).

The guy in the suite is Maren's husband, Rick. If you look at the court you can see that the floor under the basket isn't a square box like it is in the States. A little different.

This is just to show you the size of the stadium. It's no Salt Palace :), but there were LOTS of people there. Basketball here is not like it is in the States. Someone pointed out an interesting note...Basketball to the Germans is like Soccer to the Americans. It's played, and it's popular, but each country has it's 'specialty' in sports. Basketball and Football and of course, Baseball, are what I think of as "the American sports", while Soccer is definitely "the European sport".
It was a fun game and it was a close game for most of the time and that always adds excitement to it.
3 comments:
I'm glad that you have people that you're connecting with in Germany. It's important- especially since John ins't around! :) Yay for good girlfriends!
You are experiencing so many awesome things! good job at documenting them!!!
Yikes! Someone in that 1st picture is taking herself a little too seriously! Oh yeah, I forgot, that is my "happy scowl"...wow! Fun pics though. Thanks for coming to the game. When I got back in from talking to you Ricky was asleep on the gym floor with his ball. Fun stuff! Next Game Wed. 20:45 get your baby-sitter!
Post a Comment