Thursday, May 8, 2008
If you think Gas Prices are high...
I just saw a news clip on the internet of rising gas prices in the US. If you think gas prices are high right now, think abou this...here in Germany gas prices are around 1.42 Euro a LITER. That translates into $2.18 dollars a liter. There are 3.785 liters to one gallon. That equals $5.96 a GALLON. Can you imagine??? Well, maybe we will not only be imagining someday but living this too. It's no wonder Germans walk and ride their bikes everwhere. We do get a discount being on Post. AFFES or whoever it is that we get our gas from uses the average cost of gas in the US. We are paying .92 cents (Euros) a liter which is $3.48 a gallon for us. And it is going up right along with our US friends. Our gas is rationed. We are only allowed so many gallons a month or a year (I can't remember which) but most people never use it all. I am trying to walk as much as I can, as everything is so very close to where we live. We are on a very small post. It's probably only 1/2 mile to the commissary, PX, PXtra, mailbox and post office. Of course, I do drive when I get groceries. But even then, I'm trying to buy a very little each time as I have to not only carry my groceries up 3 flights of stairs, I have to carry Zack too. Oh, how grateful I am he's walking. It should not be too long before he's walking up the stairs and I can take more bags up the stairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
jake has started riding his bike to work and school...it is 4 miles each way. i am grateful b/c maybe we won't have to fill up every week!
thanks for the lesson on gas...it is always fun to learn new things
actually that math makes it $8.25 a gallon, even better for your blog!
It makes me very thankful that I no longer have a 50 mile commute everyday to work and back. Who knew going to school could actually SAVE you money??
I was just thinking about that very fact today. it makes sense why so many in Germany take the strassenbahn, train, ride bikes and walk.
Post a Comment