I just listened to a sermon by Lori ....ugh, I can't remember her last name. I don't know who she is but the sermon was on the Focus on the Family show. Anyway, it was AWESOME and I want to share what I got out of it.
She used the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. She told the story from the little boy's perspective. A perspective I have never given thought to but is one I will never forget.
From the story we gather that the boy came from a very poor family. Can you imagine what it may have been like for that boy to have the apostles go to him and ask him if they can have his lunch? But he gave it to them knowing that somehow it was going to feed ALL THOSE PEOPLE there.
Sometimes God asks us to do things that are out of our reach. If we truley want to live a life side by side Christ we are going to be asked to do things that seem impossible to our minds. We are going to be asked to sacrifice for a cause bigger than we can understand. We are going to be asked to do things that are out of our possibility range, that are HARD. But when5 we 'offer our lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fishes' to Christ, He can use it to do the impossible with it. Miracles only happen in our lives when we are stretched outside of our earthy limits, emotionally, physically and spiritually. But, if we do it for Him and with Him, we can do anything He asks of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment