Monday, October 14, 2013

Time Out for Women- Arlington, TX

 This past weekend I went to Time Out for Women in Arlington with some friends.  Heather, Reese and Christy.  Words cannot begin to express how awesome it was!  I got everything I needed out of it and was so inspired!  I was really sad that Brad Wilcox couldn't make it.  His mother died and her funeral was on Saturday.  They replaced him with John Bytheway and when they announced it I was soo disappointed.  BUT, he was inspiring!  Every speaker seemed to have spoken on every aspect of my life that I have been needing inspiration for.  Especially with my family.  I came away ready to go home and face my challenges head on, with the Spirit, with courage and inspired!

One of the highlights of this event was running into and reconnecting with a good friend who I had lost contact with.   She was a friend from my Utah interpreting days.  So grateful for the reconnection!!







 I didn't get pictures of everything.  I didn't even get pictures of all my favorite speakers.  Jericho Road was awesome!  I was not looking forward to them being the musical performers for the day because I thought they were acapella and I was wanting something different, I guess.  But, they are not acapella and they were fabulous!  I was surprised that they were even there because the guy I'm pictured with recently moved to a new state and started a new job, etc.  I've been following his wife's blog (refer to post on miracles for link) and they are an amazing family!  I was hoping I would get to meet him and I did!  Merilee Boyack was one of the speakers and she was awesome as well.  (All the speakers and music were awesome!)  Jenny Oaks Baker was the other music performers and she is one talented woman!  We also heard from Sheri Dew (My favorite!), Chris Williams (I highly recommend his book!) John Hilton III, Laurel Christensen and Sandra Turley.



This is what the boys did while I was gone.  They went camping and fishing.  














2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Brad Wilcox spoke to us when I was a teen in Vidor TX at youth conference :) I am so glad you had this experience!

Colleen said...

How fun! Awesome that you had such a good time and that you were able to find a long lost friend! :)