I love to read blogs and catch up on all the happenings of my friends and their families. FB has been great for keeping in touch but there is something a little deeper in a blog. But, I am so bad about keeping mine up. Especially when so much happens. It's like my journal. It's easy for me to write the day to day, mundane things down. But when life gets exciting and/or lots of things, events, etc. start happening, gone are the journal entries.
That's exactly what's been happening here. So much going on and not enough time in a day to make a blog entry.
I went to Women's Conference at BYU recently. It was AMAZING!!! It was just what I needed spiritually. And I had a few amazing experiences afterwards too. I wish I could have visited with everyone! That was definitely the hardest part about going. I did get to meet my brother Tane. That was the "Icing on the Cake" experience for my weekend! I would have enjoyed growing up with that kid! But I didn't, so we are starting from scratch and it's been great!
This week I have been attending a Military Spouses Resilience training. I haven't learned anything from the material but I have gained a new appreciation for my husband and new perspective on my role as a military wife. I love the military! It's hard for non military people to understand this because most people look at a military job as just another job that takes the soldier away often and moves the families a lot. But it is culture and a lifestyle, not just a job. It's definitley not an easy life style. But it's an exciting one that has lots of adventures. Which is what we are gearing up for; our next adventure in Texas. We are all excited about the big move. Even the kids are excited. Jakob's teacher told me he's been talking about getting to paint his new room and going to a new school.
John's soon to be new BN Commander is here in AZ for a few days. I got to meet her tonight...GREAT woman! She has 4 kids and her 2 youngest ones are the same ages as mine. Her husband is a stay-at-home Dad. Check out his blog http://armyspouseami.blogspot.com/ I am pretty excited to get to work with him over the next 2 years. He's pretty involved, although he doesn't want to be the leader. I was kind of hoping he would so that I wouldn't have to. I'd so much prefer to take the supporting role. We are going to a unique situation where we will be stationed with an Army Battallion at an Air Force Base and it's TRADOC. (It's an Air Force Base Intelligence training base, just like where we are now is the Army's M.I. training post.)
Anyway, After this week is over the packing begins. We will be moving out of army housing the end of this month and living out in a very small town for almost a week before we actually head to TX.
Oh yeah, and John will be finished with his internship and practicum before we leave. He's already taken his tests and past so hopefully, he will graduate with his Master's degree before we leave here. He's been so busy doing is hundreds of hours of internship and practicum on top of working full-time. It will be so nice for him to have some free time!
2 comments:
It all sounds AMAZING! I'm so excited for you!
Can't wait to hear more about how things are going in Texas!
Post a Comment