Is this an awful looking cake or what!?! I ordered this cake from the commissary. (Will never do that again!) When I ordered the cake the girl that took my order was pretty excited as we talked about what she could do. So, I was pretty horrified to find out she wasn't working the entire week I needed this cake. When they brought out the cake to me I saw green...then they opened the lid and I was HORRIFIED when I saw, "CONGRATULATIONS MAJOR..." with a huge SGT Major emblem above. (I only had 1/2 an hour to pick up the cake, get Zack and get to the office) The girls at the bakery told me they weren't suppose to be doing MAJOR emblems on cakes because they were too difficult. She wasn't sure she could do it. Fortunately, I had a friend standing outside the commissary and she was able to pick up the cake as I went to pick up Zackary. But this cake was what she brought to the ceremony. I was SICK!! I was embarrassed! I would not have taken the cake had I been the one picking it up. John is now known around the office as "SARG". Everyone thought it was funny. I didn't think it so.
Jakob and Zackary did the "pinning". Jakob did the chest and Zack traded out the caps.
COL. Reeves told the boys that it was custom to punch the chest really hard after switching out the rank. He couldn't talk the boys into doing it. But he gave John a good punch.


3 comments:
Oh gosh. Wow. I have a pit in my stomach just thinking about the cake! Ugh!
Congratulations to John and YOU! You're now a LtC! That's awesome! (You always outrank your husband by at least one.) I think it's adorable that the boys wouldn't do the punch! Too cute.
I've been dying for an update from you :) YAY for a PROMOTION! That's HUGE! CRAZY about the cake though.
Congratulations! What exciting news. And I know I would have felt the exact same way about the cake:).
Post a Comment