Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lots of pictures...

Something is wrong with my computer/blogspot and I can't seem to get the pictures and words set up correctly.  I know, I'm so bad about posting.  And once again, here are a ton of pics from the last several months of our lives.                                                                                                                                                                The Hartwig family.  They came to visit us for dinner after spending time with their parents.  It was so fun to see them!The boys, especially Zackary, LOVED monsoon season!  He got his rain boots on and headed out the door everyday that it rained.


Our 4th of July festivities.  We got together with the Stark family and the Huxel Family.


Our "fire works".  We went to the top of Resevoir Hill hoping to see fireworks from another town, but we couldn't.  So we created our own with Coke and mint candies.  The kids had a blast!

A little tarantula one of the kids almost stepped on.

It's a rattle snake.

Monsoon season has left this place more beautiful than I ever imagined it could look.  The day I took this picture I was driving home from Jakob's school and I felt, for a moment, like I was back in Germany.  So green!

This is our house.  Look at that green grass.  It's amazing!  I've tried to keep our back yard green, but it's really hard to keep grass green around here. 
This is Hunter.  He lived with us for a few weeks.  Oh, he is the sweetest kid and he fit right into our family.  He's super smart, cuddly, and blonde hair/blue eyes.  It was realy sad to say goodbye to this cute kid!

Jakob's Kindergarten graduation day.  Him and Zackary are eating a little snack before the ceremony.  (I think Kindergarten graduation is silly.  To Jakob, it meant he was going to 1ST GRADE!!!! ) 




Swimming at Ms. Karen's house.  This was their favorite thing to do all summer!  Jakob got pretty good at 'swimming'.  Zack, well, he loves the water but he won't go where he can't touch for anything.


Pictures of the fire.

Everyday we drove down to the next road closure to get as close as we could.  This day was sad because we watched car after car pass us loaded with all they could pack.  So many people lost their homes. 

  This was taken from my driveway. We were on "24 hour watch" at this point. Our car was packed and we were ready to evacuate if it went any farther down the hill.

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

That fire is crazy!
Loved all the pictures.
I too think anything other than high school graduation is silly!

Tamra said...

I remember being put out that Kyle didn't see the importance to be at Connor's kindergarten graduation. When I asked him why he replied. How many graduations do we need. I attended the preschool graduation.
I love seeing your family grow. It was also fun to look at the pictures and know exactly where your house is.