Monday, March 15, 2010

New Calling!!!

Yay!!!! I have been released from Primary!
I always knew that would be the hardest place for me to serve, and it was. I think that I would have liked teaching a primary class. I do love the kids in our ward dearly! I was a counselor in the presidency instead.
One thing I learned from this is I am now not afraid to move into a new ward and get a calling as a primary teacher. I think I will welcome it when we move.
I am now the ward historian. I can't wait to find out what this calling is about! (I sure hope it doesn't involve scrapbooking :D) I am also the Gospel Doctrine teacher. I am sooooooo excited about that! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Old Testament. It is my favorite book of scripture and it's the one book that I have yet to teach. I even have next week's lesson almost planned.
Yay for change!!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ward Historian I think is where you keep track of families and births and things that take place. You're keeping a history of the ward. At least that's why the ward historian in SV was doing in trying to find out Sophie's birthdate, etc. I dunno, but good luck with that!

I'm LOVING Old Testament for Gospel Doctrine because that was the year of seminary that I decided I was going to rebel against everything. It was a rough year. Ironically the year I met Andrew =) (Not so ironic, actually.)

Speaking of which, I NEED to email you about what is going on. I should do that today!

Colleen said...

You crack me up! I'm the RS pianist now, but before that I was a primary sub and before that I was in the presidency. I just always missed RS when I was in Primary! I'm glad there are people like you because I would DIE if I had to teach Gospel Doctrine! Actually I did in college and HATED every minute of it! So I'm glad that you're happy and excited! You're going to be great!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Your excitement in this post brought a smile to my face! YAY for change!

Isaak and Jackie said...

glad things are going so well and making you so happy. Hip hip hooray!

Brandon & Andrea said...

You amaze me. I would hate to teach Gospel Doctrine, let alone the OT (my least favorite book of scripture)!