Last year my friends and I created a team and entered the "Biggest Loser" competition at the gym. It was a 10 week program to help us lose weight. They had weekly challenges and weekly weigh-ins and several other little perks here and there. (During the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years)
At the beginning we were taped, measured and weighed and then today, the last day, we did the same thing.
I had an awesome team! I had one teammate that lost 21 pounds, another that lost 15, another that lost 15 and I lost 7 pounds. (Yes, I started out as the smallest one on the team) One of my teammates lost 29 inches and another lost 22 and another that lost 17 and I lost 14. Yes, I may have only lost 7 pounds but I lost 14 INCHES off this body of mine, 4 of which came off my hips and 2 inches off my waist. I am sooo excited.
I started this in a pant size of 14/16 and I am now wearing a 10/11. I wouldn't believe it myself except that my neighbors (teammates) made me try on their size 10 pants. I was quite surprised to see that I really did fit into them AND they weren't tight on me.
I started this in a pant size of 14/16 and I am now wearing a 10/11. I wouldn't believe it myself except that my neighbors (teammates) made me try on their size 10 pants. I was quite surprised to see that I really did fit into them AND they weren't tight on me.
This competition officially ended today. The gym had their fitness fair that began with a 10K and ended with the announcement of the Biggest Loser winners.
I ran the 10K this morning and I RAN THE ENTIRE DISTANCE. It took me just over an hour to do it and I lost my glasses. When I was finished, I still had energy to run more. In fact, it was easier to run than it was to calm down and walk. I was beyond excited that I didn't have to walk. (REad post below to see my first run). It was 24 degrees with blowing snow in a few places. We ran on snow covered trails and it was still FUN!
For our prize we each received a $300 gift card to AAFES.
My team won first place and Lindsey was only .04 away from winning the best, overall weight loss.
9 comments:
WOW I wish they had something like that here! Some friends are doing something similar but no where near as much incentive or organization. I loved the inspiration you gave me! and the 10K! amazing!
Congratulations! That's fantastic! I'm so proud of you!
Way to GO!!! You look fabulous!
Congratulations Marrian, you're an inspiration,
Marrian can you tell me if your appartment here in Bamberg had a washer and dryer in the appartment, and if so were they all the same?
Way to go! That's awesome! You look great!
That is beyond exciting! I am so happy for you. I've entered a weight loss challenage here on post, preparing to do a 5K in March. But I don't know if I could run the whole thing. You are awesome! Congratulations!!
Congrats! That sounds like fun!
Post a Comment