Saturday, November 21, 2009

I DID IT!!!


Today I did something I I didn't think I could do. I ran a 10K. I realize that is only 6.2 miles but for only being able to run 2 miles without stopping, that was a good distance! Of course, I did do some walking but I made sure it was always a very brisk walk and I did not do it too often.

My friend Rachel was going to do it and really wanted me to go. Part of me wanted to see how far I could push myself and part of me was screaming, "there's no way you can do this because you are not a runner".

There were not many people who showed up for and I've decided that it would be better to do a race with TONS of people. We started off slow, well, we went slow the entire time :). Out of the 20-30 people who ran we came in with two people behind us.

The finish line was the BEST! I had walked a little just after the 9K marker and then decided, due to Rachels insistance, that I would run for the remainder of the distance. All I wanted to do was run to the finish line. I was worried that if I tried to run the entire rest of the way that I would get to that last stretch and not be able to run to the end. So I was totally taken by surprise when I got to the corner and saw the finish line ahead, my adrenalin kicked into high gear and gave me a rush I had never experienced and I ran the distance. I didn't just jog, I ran. It was AWESOME!

8 comments:

Teah said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I am so excited for you!
Good job!

Isaak and Jackie said...

congrats what an awesome feeling to accomplish something new!

Rachel said...

Congrats! 10K! That's incredible! Keep it up! You're awesome.

Peggy said...

Wow! That is awesome! Good job! You did it!
Peggy

Colleen said...

Way to be, Marrian! What an awesome accomplishment!

Brandon & Andrea said...

Great job!

debs life said...

Congrats! Running a mile straight for me is a feat, only because I have exercise asmtha.