THANKS EVERYONE! I am so grateful for all your posts. They were just what I needed! I have some great friends here but nothing beats the great friends/family from 'home'.
Jakob's swelling has gone down tremendously. I seriously look at him and see every prayer being answered in his face. He's still quite deformed looking. (I'm so hoping that goes away with the swelling.) His eye is purple now but not so huge. I want to say the swelling is almost gone but it's not. Compared to what it was yesterday it looks almost gone, but it's still swollen shut. The opthomologist (resident student) looked at his eye today and said it looks good. He's concerned about the muscle below the eyeball. Jakob could see and recognize black and white pictures with his eye but he could not move it at all. So, when the swelling is completely gone he will take another look and then decide if surgery is necessary.
The neurosurgeon was suppose to come in today but didn't make it. That's normal here. I'm not sure if it's normal for the German system or just for Americans but that's how it works for us. They keep us as long as they can and they do so by taking their time to see their patients.
Jakob is going to be there at least a week. From the way things went today I feel like he's going to look ready to leave in less than a week. My worse fear is that he's going to be there longer than week.
We took pics today but I left the camera at the hospital. I will post pics tomorrow night.
Jakob has a great roommate. She is a 16 month old who also has head injuries. Hers were all internal. Her parents are German but speak some English. Today I brought my dictionary and we spoke as much as we could. They are a sweet family. They also shared the ICU room with us. I was so excited when she, IVE (pronounced in English as Ivy and in German it's pronounced Eeva) was moved out of ICU and then even more excited when we were moved into the same room again.
Jakob was taken off all his tubes and monitors when he was moved and he is now in a room that has a balcony so we got to go outside for a little while. It was quite refreshing.
Our ward is holding a special fast for Jakob on Sunday. I feel like everyone is doing way more for us than what I have ever done for anyone else and it is quite humbling! I seriously cannot believe how much people want to help and are concerned for Jakob. In our building we have 6 cute young girls between the ages of 7-11. They all LOVE Jakob and Zackary. They have been spending their days making cards for Jakob and babysitting Zackary. It has been great!
When all is said and done I'm not sure how I'm going to get through to everyone how grateful I am for all this support and help. I've never experienced anything like this in my life and I'm at a loss for how to express it.
7 comments:
Glad to hear that he is getting better, I hope and pray that he makes a full recovery. And you deserve the help! You were one of few people in the ward who befriended me and I thanks you for that! Accept help!
Marrian, i'm so sorry for what you are going through. And i'm also glad that you have had a lot of help. Just the thought of being so far from family would be very hard, but it's nice to know that no matter where you go, you always have a ward family. You have such a big heart and always helping others. Now its other people who are in need of blessings, so let them help you as much as possible! we love you guys and your family will be in our prayers.
I'm glad you up-dated! I've been wondering how things are going. I wish you were closer so I could do something. I'm sure people are more than glad to help. What goes around comes around! I look forward to more updates full of positive news I'm sure!!! :) Hang in there!
I am so glad to hear that things are looking up. You have been in my thoughts all day. I am so glad that you are being showered with service. Remember service is two fold, you deserve it and others benefit from giving it!
Give Jacob a hug from all of us!
Oh Marrian, I am SO, SO happy that he's doing well!! What a bittersweet experience!! Bitter for obvious reasons, but sweet because you can see the Lord working in so many different ways. How is Zack doing? Is he still traumatized or has it helped for him to see Jakob smiling and talking in his hospital room?
I am so happy to hear he is doing better!! Wish I was closer so I could help out!
Oh, Marrian, I am so sorry about Jakob's accident! That must be so hard as a parent. I am glad that John is there to support you and all of your friends! Its these moments that make us strong, right? I will keep your family in my prayers... and maybe make a parachute for Jakob.....
Peggy
Post a Comment