





This is Nuremberg, the most bombed city in all of Germany. (According to a pamphlet I read). This is the city that Hitlerbasically took to be his and is known for his Nazi rallies. 90% of the city was destroyed by the war, including the castle that you see in the 2nd and 5th pictures. The first picture just shows the cobblestone road and how close the buildings are and how small the road is. (It is a two way street.) The picture of the gold fountain and the church next to it were two things that made it through all the bombings. They are located in the city center. The last picture is of the winding staircase of the tower that you see in pictures 2 and 5. I took it looking down. As I was running down the very long and steep stairs I saw an old lady who used a cane walking up the stairs. The third picture is, I think, the courthouse of the "Nuremberg Trials" or the War Criminal Trials were held. I say "I think" because there were two buildings and the place was closed by the time we got there. My friend said this picture was the one on the internet, so we are assuming it was the one. This place was amazing. Of course, like I said, 90% of it is rebuilt but built to look the same as before the war.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun time exploring!! That is so neat that you got to go see all the history sites!!
impressive! so great to learn all this!
Thanks for showing us the pictures. I loved sightseeing in Germany and the other countries bordering it. They have so much history.
I miss it! So much HISTORY!
Post a Comment